Happy Friday Everyone!
You may have noticed from my photos or Insta that I’m a bit of a fan of a good lippie! I tend to wear darker colors in cool weather and change to nude/pinks in warmer weather. I actually have two different drawers in my makeup organizer for darker and lighter lip colors! And (thankfully), it’s getting to be that time of year to start pulling out the Spring and Summer colors!
Contrary to popular opinion, you don’t always have to spend a ton of money for a good quality lip color. This is especially true of lighter colors. I find that buying higher-end darker lip colors often means better pigment and longer lasting color. However, I feel that lighter lip colors are on a bit more of an even playing field where drugstore v. high-end is concerned.
So, I rounded up 6 Spring & Summer lip colors that are perfect for warm weather and right on budget! For tips and tricks to keep your color even and lasting all day, be sure to check out this post.
Before we get to the colors themselves, know that I often like to line my lips when I use a lighter lip color. I find this helps the color last longer and appear more pigmented! This is my favorite liner because it’s waterproof and lasts forever! I often will just use it on it’s own with this gloss overtop.
- The Best Light Nude Lip Color: Maybelline Nude Lust has been my go-to for a neutral, nude lip for the last few years. It’s the perfect neutral color to go with almost any skin tone! And, coming in at under $6, you can’t beat the price! Maybelline Born With It is a pinker color that’s also another Summer go-to for me! With both of these, I do use a lip liner as they are regular lipsticks so they can fade with eating and drinking. Wearing lipliner helps decrease the chance of fading!
- The Best Darker Nude Lip Color: Earlier this Spring, I mentioned on Instagram that Tarte Birthday Suit was the perfect pinky nude. It is! However, NYX Push-Up is the perfect dupe, and the better option coming in under $7! NYX Push-Up is a matte liquid lip and lasted me through an entire date night with only reapplying once! You definitely should exfoliate your lips with a lip scrub (like the DIY one I mention in this post!) to avoid flaking and caking given the matte texture.
- The Best Shimmer Pink: If you watched my stories while we were in Sanibel (or looked at any of the photos in this post), there’s a good chance I’m wearing this $14 liquid lip from Sephora (shade 05). It is literally THE perfect everyday shimmer lip color for warm weather! It lasts through anything, never flakes or cakes, and you can’t beat the price for the quality!
- The Perfect Coral Pink: Clove + Hallow’s Creamsicle is the coral color I have been searching for! This is literally Summer in a lipstick. It’s the perfect shade for a lunch date or a night out. The formula is creamy and hydrating. Plus, Clove + Hallow makes only all-natural products. So you can feel good and look good in this color!
- The Best Bright Pink: I picked up Lipland’s Nova while I was shopping at Riley Rose last week and am hooked on this color! It’s definitely a statement making lip color and is another shade that just epitomizes Summer! I wore it out for date night on Friday and never had to reapply (so amazing!). If you’re looking for a classic pink, this is the one for you!
- The Best Gloss: I had never been a big gloss girl until I tried this lip gloss from NYX. Now I’m hooked. Like I mentioned before, I regularly wear it over liner (any color!) and on it’s own. The color Creme Brulee is my favorite because it’s the perfect pinky nude color for everyday wear. Their formula is also somehow hydrating without being sticky, which is another huge plus in my book!
Anyone traveling anywhere this weekend? We’re going out with friends tonight! Then Sunday we’re heading over to my sister’s for Easter Dinner! This will be the first year ever that we’re not spending it with my parents, so weird!!
Have a great weekend everyone!
SHOP the POST