Happy Friday Everyone! I’m pretty excited to bring you my review of Saranghae’s 5 step routine today! Saranghae is an award-winning Korean Anti-Aging Skin Care company that sells products around the world. As I mentioned in this post, I’m pretty set on my skin care regime. But since starting Saranghae’s 5 step routine a few weeks back, I haven’t even touched my old skin care products. I am seriously blown away at the results! Let me preface this by saying that I am extremely, extremely skeptical of anti-aging skin care. I usually use my eye cream but don’t use any other anti-aging cream because I always break out. There’s a reason for my breaking out that I learned a few weeks ago, and I’ll share that here in a bit. For now, know that not only did I not break out from this skin care line, it actually made any residual acne go away without the use of traditional acne fighting products! This is beyond exciting for me – lol!
Why Saranghae? Why Korean skin care at all? Koreans are world-renowned for their flawless skin and anti-aging secrets. Don’t believe me? Just google “Korean Beauty Secrets” and watch how many results pop up from major publications like Allure, Marie Claire and Elle. It’s no secret that Korean women have harnessed anti-aging properties so effectively that it’s almost impossible to tell their age. So, it only makes sense that we take a page from their book and use the same products to our advantage as well. Saranghae’s 5 step routine is a comprehensive system that takes you from cleansing to moisturizing and beyond.
Their system is formulated with natural ingredients that help heal, regenerate and protect your skin against common aging culprits like pollution, UV rays and even gravity. This is a great page that shows how their ingredients differ from a traditional skin care line. For the longest time, I have been a proponent of using hair products that are free from harmful chemicals but never thought of my skin care in the same way. Saranghae’s 5 step routine made me realize how silly that was – if I was using “nice” products on my hair, why wouldn’t I do the same for my skin?!
Speaking of ingredients… When I first started this line a close girlfriend of mine happened to be staying with me, and we got to talking about my issues with anti-aging skin care. She’s currently in her final year of med-school and told me that during her dermatology rotation, she learned that acne caused by any anti-aging products is really your skin’s way of detoxifying and if you ride it out (difficult I know), your skin should clear up and be 100X better than it was before you started. I didn’t experience any bad breakouts using this system and that may be because of the mostly natural ingredients. However, if you try their 5 step routine and happen to get a breakout, know it’s actually a good thing. It means your skin is detoxifying and is getting ready to be better than ever!
This 5 step routine was easy for me to get down, and I’ve outlined it briefly below. They also include helpful, 1-2 minute videos on each step on their website.
I. Cleanse: Nourishing & Moisturizing Oil + Foam Cleanser
- This cleanser kicked my Clarisonic out the door. And that’s saying a lot! It’s incredibly gentle yet insanely effective. It even removed my Estee Lauder Stay-in-Place Foundation that’s technically water proof. You actually use this on dry skin, rinse with warm water and then pat dry!
II. Deep Essence + Serum
- The Essence + Serum is a product unique to Korean skin care. It takes Essence, a traditional Korean anti-aging product, with a typical North American anti-aging serum to form a very effective combination. It’s a gel like serum that you put all over your face and neck directly after drying.
III. Moisturize: Firm & Lift Cellular Regeneration Cream
- After letting the Essence + Serum dry (takes a few seconds), gently rub this into your face and neck. This moisturizer helps repair damaged skin reducing things like redness, age spots and wrinkles. It’s also a really effective moisturizer that doesn’t clog pores, which is hard to come by!
IV. Eye Cream: Focus Renewal Eye Cream
- The last step is to use the eye cream on your under eyes, above your eyebrows to reduce sagging, and I use it on my lids too. The thing I really like about this eye cream is its ability to sink into your skin and allow your under-eye concealer to go on smoothly. So often, I cannot use eye creams under makeup because they make my concealer crease or cake horribly. This wasn’t the case which was a pleasant surprise!
V. Mask: Elemental Essence Mask
- Finally, on to one of my favorite parts of the system – the mask! I’m a bit of a sheet-mask junkie. I often will pick up a few from Sephora and use one over the weekend when I’m in the mood for self-care. Kevin HATES these only because they make me look like a ghost LOL. I usually use them later at night when he’s already asleep, and he freaks out anytime he sees me in one. They’re not the most flattering but they’re crazy effective! I use this mask after the cleanse step once a week. After letting it sink in for 15-20 minutes, I remove the mask and rub in the excess. I usually wait another 10 minutes and complete the rest of the routine. This is a great mask to use the night before an event because it gives you an incredible glow!
I will definitely be using Saranghae’s 5 step routine in the future and cannot recommend it enough, especially for those with sensitive skin! It’s $159 for the entire system and $139 if you choose the membership option. I’ve used it for 3.5 weeks so far and still have a TON of product left so a little goes a long way. Initially, it seems expensive. But considering my old eye cream alone was $55, while my face wash was $25 and my moisturizer $35, it’s really right in line with other skin care items out there. Plus, the fact that I don’t have to purchase replacement heads for my Clarisonic (~$20/piece) is a huge plus.
Saranghae’s website has a TON of good info to check out! They are also on most social media platforms so I’ve linked that below for you too!
I hope everyone had a great week! I’m happy to announce that Kevin and I officially passed our tests at the DMV yesterday! Still can’t believe this state makes you take a test when you move here, so crazy to me! Tonight, we’re going on a double date with my sister and brother-in-law to celebrate all of our birthdays. All four of our birthdays are within 7 weeks of each other or so from September-November so we wanted to take an adult night out to celebrate (sans the niece and nephews). Tomorrow is my niece’s first birthday! I can’t believe she’s already one 😭 We’re celebrating her birthday Thanksgiving weekend when our extended family is in town. Which is only two weeks away… eeeek! Already dreaming of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sales LOL. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Saranghae’s Social Media –
Youtube (Where you can watch the instruction videos!)
Saranghae is an award winning Korean 5 Step Anti-Aging skin care routine that heals, regenerates and protects your skin. Saranghae’s focus on natural ingredients and highly effective products has helped them become the fastest growing Korean skin care brand in the United States. For more information please visit: www.lovesaranghae.com
Saranghae Review, Saranghae Reviews, Saranghae 5 Step Routine, Korean Beauty, K-Beauty, Korean skin
are, Korean Skin Care”
**This post was done in collaboration with Saranghae; however, all opinions are 100% my own**