Hello & Happy Friday Everyone!
If you follow my Instagram stories, you know this post has been a LONG time coming! I’m so excited to be sharing my skincare routine today as that’s something I get quite a few questions on! I’m even including before and after photos of what my skin looked like before I started the routine I do now!
And, if you follow me on the ‘gram and watch my stories, you know that adult acne is something I struggle with. I didn’t always struggle with acne. In fact, I rarely had blemishes as a teen. Which made my adult acne that much more unbearable. I didn’t know how to handle it, what caused it, and it took me years (and hundreds spent on various products) to find a solution. All the while, most of my friends had perfectly clear skin and had grown out of the breakout phase I was just starting. Fun times!
Around this time last year, I partnered with a Korean skincare brand called Saranghae. Like most partnerships, I viewed this as a great opportunity to test out new products for you all but didn’t have much hope that they’d truly work for my skin. I was stuck in the habit of using the same products from Sephora day in day out because I knew they at least made my acne tolerable. I used Saranghae for three weeks and have never gone back to my old products. For real! I repeat, a relatively new skincare brand kicked my “classics” like Clinique and Origin out the door.
Since that time, I’ve tried various other skincare products because that’s my job – to test new products and styles for you! But, I’ll be honest, I always go back to Saranghae. I’m not totally certain, but I’m pretty sure their products are as close to magic as I can get. I tested this theory back in March. Trying to save money and leaving things to the last minute (surprise, surprise!), I traveled to Sanibel Island with Kevin and my family with a hodge-podge of skincare items. Some had been gifted, others were leftover from what I had used BS (before Saranghae). I came back and things were NOT looking pretty! So, the second I stepped off the plane, I reordered Saranghae’s 5-step plan.
Yes, you read that right. I purchased this product with my OWN money. And, I still do. So, no, this is not a sponsored post!
Here’s a full run down of the 5-step routine I follow everyday with their products. The only modification is that I swap out their serum (Step 2) with Coola’s tanning face serum in the morning to help me get my glow on. Other than that, I follow this to a T.
- OIL & FOAM CLEANSER: This cleanser actually has bits of gold in it to enhance your glow. And, let me tell you, it works! It’s incredibly gentle yet insanely effective. It even removes my Estee Lauder Stay-in-Place Foundation that’s technically water proof. You actually use this on dry skin, rinse with warm water and then pat dry!
- ESSENCE + SERUM: Essence is a product unique to Korean skin care. Saranghae’s version takes Essence, a traditional Korean anti-aging product, with a typical North American anti-aging serum to form a very effective combination. It’s a gel like product that you put all over your face and neck directly after drying. This is my favorite product out of their entire line because it is so soothing on skin, especially in dry winter months!
- MOISTURIZER: After applying the Essence + Serum, I gently rub this into my face and neck. This moisturizer helps repair damaged skin reducing things like redness, age spots and wrinkles. It’s also a really effective moisturizer that doesn’t clog pores, which is hard to come by!
- EYE CREAM: Lastly, I use their eye cream on my under-eye, above my brows to reduce sagging, and on my lids too. The thing I really like about this eye cream is its ability to sink into your skin and allow your under-eye concealer to go on smoothly. So often, I cannot use eye creams under makeup because they make my concealer crease or cake horribly. This actually makes my concealer go on smoother!
- FACE MASK: Saranghae always sends out a big pack of sheet masks with every bundle too! We all know I love my me-time! So I usually use this mask once a week (the night before I wash my hair, lol).
In terms of price, I’m not gonna lie, it is pricy at first. The complete 5-step routine is $189 with a membership. Membership only means that they will auto-ship you a new bundle when you want it. It defaults to shipping every 45-days, but I find that one box lasts me about 60-80 days. So, I have them ship it every 2 months or so. With every purchase, the price drops. You can read more about their pricing here.
But, before you exit this post convinced that this is too pricey let me ask you – have you ever totaled the skincare products in your cabinet? I’m willing to bet, they come to at least that amount. Or, if they don’t, are they really working for your skin? Are they anti-aging, skin clearing and made from quality ingredients? When I totaled my old skincare products before Saranghae, I found that my eye cream alone was $55, my face wash was $25, my moisturizer $35, and my toner was $15. Plus, I had to purchase replacement heads for my Clarisonic every 4 weeks or so (~$20/piece). So, skincare adds up REAL quick! And I used to pay this for products that only sort of worked and didn’t have as many quality ingredients.
Part of the reason why Saranghae is pricey is because the quality of their ingredients cannot be beat. Their ingredients are botanically based, 100% vegan, paraben, sulfate and pthalate free as well as cruelty free!
Need more convincing? Look at these (unedited) photos I sent them a few months back as part of an acne scarring review. My face was relatively free of breakouts from their products BUT what’s more, their products make my acne scarring fade to basically nothing. Those weird dark spots are literally a thing of the past. These photos are taken at the start of their program again in March, 3 weeks after using it and then 8 weeks after using it.
Doesn’t the last photo look like I’m wearing foundation?! SHOOK PEOPLE! I was so surprised by these photos! You can clearly see a huge improvement in the darkness around my eyes, my acne/scarring as well as the overall evenness of my skin tone.
One last thing, if you’re like me and married to a frugal person or born a frugal person, you may be thinking you can squeeze by by just using *some* of their products. I’m gonna let you know right now that I’ve tried that, and you definitely need the whole routine to make it work. Case in point, two weeks ago, I ran out of my face wash. As most of you know, we just got done moving so I thought I could make do with some random face wash while I waited to get settled and have it shipped to our new address. In the last two weeks, I have had more blemishes than I had all Summer. Needless to say I am tracking my new package like there is no tomorrow because your girl NEEDS this!
So, in a nutshell, my skincare routine involves Saranghae with a touch of Coola for that glow. And, I hope the amount that I’ve gushed in this post tells you how much I love this product (lol).
Have a great weekend everyone!