Hello Fam! Happy Friday!
When I asked what you guys wanted to see on the blog coming up most of you said fitness/nutrition, fall clothing, closet staples/basics, home projects/decor AND skincare/beauty.
A few weeks back, I shared a couple of new anti-aging products I picked up on stories. I had questions about the rest of my anti-aging arsenal so thought it’d be great to round them all up here for you girls! If you’re looking for ALL of my skincare products, you can find them here on my shop page.
A word about skincare – maybe it’s because I’m turning 30 in November, but skincare, anti-aging especially, is important to me now more than ever. I read an article (can’t remember where) recently that pointed out that our skin is our biggest organ. Of course I knew this, but I hadn’t thought of it since high school science haha! Anyway, with that in mind, I started thinking – shouldn’t we take extra care with the products we put on our skin? You wouldn’t knowingly put toxic chemicals in your body, potentially damaging your internal organs, so why would you put questionable ingredients on your skin? Soooo many of our daily skincare products – lotions, tanning mousses, cleansers have sketchy ingredients. We trade quality for cost effectiveness not thinking about the long term harm we may be doing to our bodies.
With this thought, I’ve started making a concerted effort to use cleaner skincare products. As you guys know, I’ve always used high end skincare products, but more expensive doesn’t always mean better ingredients. I’m now taking extra care to read labels and be purposeful about what I use and how I use it. For example, I’m exploring self tanners with ingredients I know are safe to use. I slap tanner all over my body – any tan you see is FAKE, I’m still just as pale as I was in January, which is basically the shade of our white walls. So since I use it consistently ALL over, I’m making the move to use products like this one & this one that I know contain safe ingredients. Tanning is still so new. People thought baby powder was okay to use 50 years ago – who’s to know where we’ll be 50 years from now?
Anyway, I’ll get off my soap box. The reason why I bring all this up is to say that skincare like haircare is something that is worth the splurge for those quality ingredients. It’s a health and safety thing in my opinion. If you’re looking to cut corners – buy the cheaper tee shirt, not the cheap bottle of cleanser!
All the products below contain great ingredients and most are products I’ve used for years. A few are new that I’ve been using for a couple of months now and cannot recommend enough!
- Cleanser: Not necessarily anti-aging, but essential for clear skin and to prep your skin for anti-aging products, my cleanser contains probiotics and superfoods to really do a deep clean of your pores. It’ll leave your skin more balanced and bright, while still being gentle enough to use daily and on sensitive skin! (15% off code: LOMEYER)
- Toner: Again, this is more of a daily product to keep your skin healthy so the anti-aging products can be more effective! It’s a gentle daily exfoliator that buffs away dirt and impurities without drying out your skin. It’ll leave your skin more polished as well as diminish your pores leaving you with an amazing glow! (15% off code: LOMEYER)
- Both the toner & cleanser have been staples in my skincare routine since 2018!
- Maelove Glow Serum: With vitamins C & E along with Ferulic Acid and Hyaluronic Acid (say it in Eva Longoria’s voice now), the Maelove Glow Serum has quickly become a fave in my anti-aging arsenal. It’s also under $30, and for an anti-aging product that actually works, you can’t really beat that. Vitamin C & E, and Ferulic Acid contain antioxidants that work against free radicals. Free radicals cause the breakdown of cells and collagen in the skin, and collagen is what translates to skin elasticity and firmness. And Hyaluronic Acid hydrates your skin at the same time! All together this product helps promote skin elasticity and firmness (read: anti-wrinkle) while giving you an amazing glow. I just ordered a few more products from this company that I can’t wait to test for you guys! They all have great reviews & minimal ingredients. I use this serum morning and night after the toner above & rub it in with clean hands.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes: This is essentially botox in a bottle. The Sunday Riley Good Genes is a lactic acid AHA resurfacing treatment. It costs a pretty penny, and I’d be lying if I said it didn’t take me about a year to buy it because of that. But it is 100% worth it. This product will literally reduce the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles, while also reducing dark spots and help even your skin tone. It also leaves me with a super radiant complexion. This is a POWERFUL product. I use it 2-3 times a week at night after the toner (on the nights I use it, I don’t use the Maelove serum). When I wake up the next day, it looks like I spent the night at a spa – I’ve never seen my skin so even + clear as it’s been the last 2 months using this. Note: You MUST use sunscreen while using this product because it will make your skin more sensitive to the sun.
- Moisturizer: My favorite moisturizer – been using since 2018 – this lightweight daily cream is what I use day and night to keep my skin hydrated. It contains probiotics and superfoods to hydrate while also improving the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles and evens out skin tone! It’s not greasy so perfect for wearing under makeup + in humidity, but it’s effective enough for even our dry MN winters. (15% off code: LOMEYER)
- Eye Balm: This cooling and hydrating eye balm is always a follower fave! It contains superfoods and caffeine, which helps brighten your under eye and reduces the appearance of dark circles over time. It also contains rosewater and blueberry which provides antioxidant protection as well as rosehip oil which contains vitamin C – another anti-aging ingredient as we know! I love this one because you can apply it over makeup too to awaken your eyes after a long day! (15% off code: LOMEYER)
- Jade Roller: This is one of my newer finds, and I’m kinda obsessed with it. I share how I use it in my “anti-aging” highlight on IG for a video (which may be easier to understand than typed words, haha!). But, by “rolling” your face with a jade roller or using a guasha you can help reduce puffiness and inflammation. With consistent use, some have also reduced the appearance of dark under eye circles! It’s also super relaxing so whether or not you believe the tool actually “works” (which I do!) it’s a nice way to start the morning hehe.
- Sunscreen: A lot of people know they should use sunscreen to prevent skin cancer but not a lot connect the dots that sunscreen is key to prevent signs of early aging. Sun/UV rays damage the collagen fibers in the skin which leads to sagging skin and wrinkles (remember when we discussed collagen above?!). The sun also causes dark/age spots. I mean, we all know this right – picture that 80 year old grandma on the beach in Florida who looks like a raisin. She for sure sat out A LOT in the sun for YEARS, and it shows. I’m all for a good (faux) tan but being wrinkled and having a high risk of skin cancer while tan is not cute ladies. I love Tula’s sunscreen because it’s lightweight and doesn’t have a white caste so is perfect to wear under makeup. It also leaves you with a nice glow so you can wear it alone too and feel like you have a natural (non-greasy) glow! I use this exclusively and have never burned with it – which says something considering I use that AHA serum above! (15% off code: LOMEYER)
I hope this was helpful to you guys! Have a great weekend beauties!
SHOP THE POST