What better way to start the upcoming holiday season than with a brighter, whiter smile?? I’ve teamed up with Smile Brilliant to review and discuss their professional at home teeth whitening kit for this post. And, at the end, there’ll be a HUGE giveaway and some stunning before/after photos so stay tuned!!
If you’re like me (or anyone else in the world), you probably do one of the following – drink coffee/tea, wine, soda, eat sweets, pastas or dark colored berries. I’m guilty of doing all of these things because, you know, I’m only human. But all of these things, and many more, can actually stain your teeth. And as you see, not all of these items are unhealthy. Some like pasta and berries really aren’t “bad” for you like soda is for example.
I’ve tried many teeth whitening products in the past. I’ve tried the strips (hello, sensitive and red gums), and the clay paste that was trending about a year ago, but nothing I tried has worked as well as Smile Brilliant’s at home teeth whitening kit. This is likely because of both the quality and personalized nature of this particular product.
Let’s start from the beginning. The quality of this kit is evident from the get-go. Upon receiving the package, I was asked to send in molds for both my top and bottom teeth so that they could custom fit my teeth whitening tray. Think back to the orthodontist circa 7th grade only in your home, not painful and way less time consuming. After taking a few minutes to read the step-by-step instructions and whip up their molding material, I was able to easily fit the material around my top and bottom teeth to make literal impressions of my teeth. I then sent these molds in and waited about 2-3 weeks for my custom trays to be shipped back to me.
What’s great about the Smile Brilliant custom trays v. the strips or clay paste? The fact that they’re customized to my teeth. They literally fit, like retainers, around my top and bottom teeth without sliding down or coming off. It’s also clear that every tooth is covered so there’s no worrying that you’re missing a section. For the next few weeks, I whitened pretty much every other night to achieve my results. I’ve included the steps to flawlessly whiten your teeth with this at home kit below.
- Floss and brush teeth with only water (NO toothpaste for this first step as the fluoride slows down the whitening process).
- I don’t know about you, but this was a good excuse to get back into flossing (lol!)
- Whiten for 45 minutes – 3 hours.
- I started with 45 minutes and increased to about 1.5 hours as I do have very sensitive teeth/gums and wanted to avoid sensitivity at all costs. I never felt the need to go longer but know that you can if desired!
- Brush teeth with toothpaste as normal then rinse the trays with cool water and dry them.
- Apply desensitizing gel to the trays.
- This desensitizing gel was a game-changer for me and is another reason why this kit stands out above the rest. As I’ve said, my teeth/gums typically become VERY sensitive while using whitening products. And after the third time using Smile Brilliant, I will admit I got a little heavy handed with the whitening gel and did experience tooth sensitivity. However, I used this desensitizing gel after and skipped a treatment then resumed without further issues. Let me tell you, this never would’ve happened with another product. Typically, I would have had to discontinue the product entirely as my teeth/gums would become irritated after each consecutive use.
- After 45 minutes – 3 hours remove the trays. Spit the excess desensitizing gel from your mouth but don’t rinse, eat, drink, or brush. This leaves a thin layer of the desensitizing gel on your teeth for probably 20-30 minutes.
- After completion, I would typically go to bed to allow the product to do its magic. If you don’t, make sure you at least do not eat/drink for an hour or two after to avoid re-staining your teeth!
It took me only a day to get this whitening routine down, then it literally took 5 minutes out of my night to apply the products, and I would either do blog work, relax, or read while the products were working! You could even do household work or something more strenuous because, again, these trays do not move as they’re custom fitted to your teeth.
After about 9 sessions of whitening these were my results. Pretty crazy, huh?! (Let’s ignore the fact that I lost my summer “tan” between these photos – sad times). I still have a few syringes of product left over to use in the future. Obviously, you get a lot of “bang for your buck” with this kit!
So, now on to the fun part – Giveaway details! Please click THIS LINK to enter for a $139 credit toward your own teeth whitening kit. $139 will actually cover a number of kits on their site or mostly cover a few of the pricier ones (all kits are $179 or below). There are options for both non-sensitive and sensitive kits to best fit your needs! Note: This giveaway is open for TWO weeks, and you MUST enter through THIS LINK to be counted. Giveaway is open to residents in the USA, UK, Canada, and Australia. If you’d rather just buy your kit now, you can get $15 off with code “thelomeyerblog15”
If you’d like more info, visit theSmile Brilliant website for reviews and further product details.
Happy whitening folks!!
**This post was done in collaboration with Smile Brilliant; however, all opinions are 100% my own.