Yesterday, I turned 32. 32!!!! In some ways, it feels like yesterday I was writing this blog post in honor of my 27th birthday. In a lot of others, that seems like a different lifetime.
Since then so much LIFE has happened. My blog took off, we moved three times, traveled all over, witnessed civil upheaval in our own neighborhood that dramatically shifted our perspectives, lived through a worldwide pandemic, got a puppy, lost pregnancies, battled depression and started new business ventures. I’ve learned so much about myself in the last few years, it’s hard not to view that 27 year-old me as someone else entirely. But I also know that 27 year-old me would be so proud of where I am today! And maybe it’s the natural contentment that comes from getting older or everything that’s happened in the last few years, but I finally feel comfortable in my own skin and free to be me in a way I haven’t before.
I don’t profess to know everything or really much at all for that matter. There’s so much about this world to learn! BUT I have learned a few important lessons in these 32 years. Often lessons I wish a younger, maybe 27 year-old me would have known. So here, in no particular order, are 32 life lessons I’ve learned on my 32 trips around the sun!
- There will be seasons in which you’ll bloom and others in which you’ll wither – both are beautiful.
- Be selfish with your time as well as your emotional and mental health. Be selfless with everything else.
- You’ll get further by listening than you will by talking.
- Maybe you feel like you don’t fit in because you were born to stand out.
- Rest is productive and alone time is good for your soul.
- There are no failures in life. Everything, good and bad, happens so that you can learn a lesson… sometimes one you didn’t know you needed.
- Gratitude is the key to everyday happiness.
- Not everyone is going to like you. This is a good thing.
- Your emotions are not the same as reality.
- The second you think you’re better than someone else, no matter the reason, is the second you’re no better than the dirt beneath your shoe.
- Treat your body like the temple it is.
- You build confidence by following through on your word, especially promises you make with yourself.
- It takes time to find your purpose, there’s no need to rush. Finding your purpose at 50 is just as good as finding it at 20. You’re never behind, you’re on the Universe’s time.
- Saying no isn’t always a bad thing.
- The reality is that some people are going to act like your friend when they’re actually just using you. Don’t let yourself be a pit stop when you’re the final destination.
- You can manifest any dream as long as you can also put in the work to make that dream happen.
- A quiet ego makes for a more peaceful mind.
- Become best friends with yourself and learn to enjoy your own company.
- What people think of you is often a projection of where they themselves are mentally. Usually, other’s judgements have little to do with you.
- Living in the present will help calm your anxiety.
- Be kind to everyone. Karma is real. But even if it wasn’t, being kind is what truly fills up your soul.
- Stop viewing people you envy as competition, see them as inspiration for what you could be.
- Trends aren’t everything. It’s much easier to just do you.
- You’re living this life, in this body, during this time for a reason. Your entire existence is a miracle onto itself. Don’t forget that you wouldn’t be here today if the Universe didn’t will it. And the Universe makes no mistakes.
- Your body will change overtime. It’s inevitable. The sooner you make peace with that, the happier you will be.
- Your best life is the one you’re already living.
- Don’t forget to celebrate the big AND little wins.
- Be wary of negative self talk. How you talk to yourself determines the lens through which you view the world.
- Speak out. Remaining silent in the face of injustice will slowly suffocate your soul.
- You’ll stop comparing yourself or be envious of others once you accept that the universe put you here for a specific reason that’s all your own.
- Fall in love with learning. And learn constantly.
- In friendship, it’s always quality over quantity. Three good friends are better than a hundred acquaintances.
What’s an important life lesson you’ve learned in life? Let me know below or DM me! I love to hear from you guys.
And thank you guys for all your support and love these last almost 6 years of blogging! It means everything to me and I wouldn’t be here without you!
Leave a Reply